Saturday, May 28, 2016

Build up

Build up can happen from water soluble cones, cyclmethicones, polyquats, shea butter even oil or hard water. Fine, thin, or low porosity hair is more sensitive to this. So I mostly low poo to prevent this. Some people even need to clarify once a month or so with a sulfate or diluted sulfate.

What does product build up look like? Heavy and coated, less curls and volume, dull, some have frizz. Weighed down, greasy, flat curls, no volume at the roots. I get an itchy scalp and white flakes that look like dandruff at my roots along the hair line. I have had to use a clarifying sulfate on occasion to get the build up out. You can prepoo with coconut oil so it shouldn't affect your curls much. I also use a hard water shampoo.


2 comments:

  1. Can you recommend a low poo or good clarify product I can buy in Canada? Sallys Beauty? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you recommend a low poo or good clarify product I can buy in Canada? Sallys Beauty? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete