Saturday, April 30, 2016

How to Preserve Your Curls at Night

You can preserve your curls at night with a pineapple, buff, satin cap, or a satin pillowcase. A pineapple slightly indents my curls, but is the easiest to use and most comfortable. The buff is the best at preserving, but sometimes slips off. The satin cap squishes my weaker curls, and the pillowcase causes frizz if I just sleep with my curls not tied back.

When I first started the CG method, my hair was shorter and more porous. I would sleep with a pineapple or these buffs at night:


As my hair got healthier and low porosity, my hair became shiny and slippery, so the buffs would slip off. I tried sewing elastic into the edge or using a headband over the buff which worked ok.

I recently found this buff that has elastic in the end. It doesn't slip off, but can be a little tight, so I push it past my forehead on my hair line or else it is too tight to sleep with. When I use this, I push it up so far I actually get some volume at the roots and looks cute. So far this is my favorite one. I found it at Bed Bath and Beyond, but it is cheaper on Amazon.



I slept with wet hair last night, and the buff didn't fall off. I woke up to this:





See how I use the buffs here:


2 comments:

  1. Hi Raquel, In the video it looks like your buff was able to sit stiff & straight. But when I went to purchase one they look so flimsy. I was hoping for one that would sit straight up like yours in the video.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.
    bedspread queen

    ReplyDelete