Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hard Water and the Curly Girl Method

When I first started the curly girl method, I had curls that could be cowashed every time and no build or itchy scalp. After I moved to a new area, I had dry curls, build up on my hair and scalp, itchy scalp and frizz. I couldn't cowash very often anymore without limp, greasy curls.

Turns out I had hard water. I had to start using a shampoo for hard water build up and low poo most of the time. I occasionally use the hard water shampoo, once a month or every week if needed. I used Ion Hard Water Shampoo from Sally's with sulfates because I couldn't find the one without sulfates, but I am going to get the ion Hard Water Shampoonext time. Also, there is the MopTop Clarifying Treatment that removes hard water which is sulfate free and the Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo, volume 9 fl oz. You can also try ACV Rinses. Hope this helps.

This is my hair after the MopTop super shampoo.

Check out these shampoos here:





No comments:

Post a Comment