Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The LOCG, LOC, LOG, and LCO Methods to Lock in Moisture

LOC Method~ Locks in Moisture on dry types. L (Liquid or water/Leave in), O-Oil, C- Cream. The oil seals in the leave in. The cream seals in the oil and smooths out the cuticle. The leave in is usually water based. The oil can be an oil or solid form oil-a butter. The cream can be a anything creamy. Some use conditioner that is creamy. I use creams with emollients like shea butter because they make a film, soften the cuticle, and lock in my moisture. Curls are nothing but water and protein. Just like your body need water, your hair does too. Not too much and not too little. Dry curls need moisture or they will be limp.

Styling:

LOCG- I do this in the winter to lock in moisture on my weaker waves. L-Leave in/Liquid, O-Oil, C-cream, G-Gel. I use SM milk, Coconut oil, SM Smoothie, LALSG. I need the gel to define my weaker waves but many tighter curlies don't need the extra step.

LOG- I do this in the summer to seal in my moisture. I don't need the cream in the summer because there's more moisture in the air. SM milk, Sunflower oil or grapeseed (lighter oils because I am less dry and coconut is too oily in the summer), KCCC, and LALSG. The smoothie made me oily in the summer and was too much moisture.

LCO- Some low porosities do Liquid/leave in, Cream, to pack the moisture into the hair, then seal with oil because it forms a hydrophobic barrier to lock in the moisture. You have to play with both methods to see which works best for you.

Refreshing:

I use LOG to refresh using what I need: using water, leave in, oil, and gel as needed. I wet and smooth the cuticle down and don't spray it because my hair type gets frizzy because it agitates my hair and cause friction and fractionates my curls and causes frizz. The cream makes me weighed down and sticky, so I get less days and I only use it as needed in extreme frizz situations. I can refresh 3-4 days if I am fortunate now.

If you need extra moisture you can refresh with LOCG if you need though. You could play with LCO too.

If you are low porosity or finer, you might not need the extra oil sealing steps. Or you can try just a couple drops of jojoba, sunflower, or grapeseed oil or you might not need any at all.

LOCG Demo:

5 comments:

  1. Hy
    I réaly like your vidéos and I havé a question I bought à milk style she moisture and écostyle gel and coconut oil to do a log méthode I havé a fin weavy hear but for refresh à second Day I havé to use Water and log méthod?with the same product?

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your favorite product for refresh ? Where can I buy à microfiber towel and buff for Head wich doesnt switch😅 at low price
    Thanks à lot I love your hair ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. When doing LOCG method, will the oil not seal out the cream? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have low porosity will lcog method work for me or no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Good tips and advises you have just shared. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a piece of nice information. Looking forward for more views and ideas, Keep up the good work!

    Sealing Hair Butter
    Route Package Protection
    Restoring Deep Condition Hair Treatment

    ReplyDelete